What’s the Idea?
Showing messages of support for our health workers on a sign, projected either via the medium of a short video, or a photo. Upload it along with the hashtag #healthworkersareheroes
What’s the story
During these troubling times of the Coronavirus scare, we’re all being forced to totally re-evaluate ourselves, our lives and our impact on the planet and each other. Due to the nature of the virus having reached “global pandemic” status, we are being asked to stay at home as much as possible and maintain social distancing when we do go out for our daily exercise/essential shopping etc.
The people who are taking the most upon themselves in this situation are our health workers, so the idea here is to create a positive viral stream of positive messages of support for them. It’s something you can create and participate in solo from your home, but in terms of the mass impact, the idea is to involve as many people as possible.
People should do this because…?
Because our health workers are quite literally putting their lives on the line for us, and they deserve all the support, love and respect we can muster.
How do you do it?
- Take a plain piece of paper (A4 is best) and write a clear, succinct message of support for our health workers on it. The message has to be visible when you watch your video or view your photo. Add as much colour / illustration as you want to this.
- Add your NAME to the bottom of the message, to make it personal.
- EITHER film yourself (or get a buddy to film you) holding up your message of support in a short video clip, OR take a photograph of yourself (or get a buddy to take a photo of you) holding up your message.
- Upload your video or photo via the obvious link on this page, along with the hashtag: #healthworkersareheroes
- If you share these via any form of social media, please add the hashtag #healthworkersareheroes
THANK-YOU SO MUCH!
A smartphone with a camera OR a digital camera.
(not essential) A buddy to take part with or to film you if you struggle filming yourself
Pens/pencils to make the sign