What’s the Idea?
In your life you have probably derived much pleasure from reading. If you re-read the books which have made you happiest they should help you feel happier now.
What’s the story
I have always loved reading and indeed, re-reading.
Now I have a lot more time to revisit the books that enriched my life that’s exactly what I’m doing.
People should do this because…?
Because it’s (mostly) pure escapism.
How do you do it?
I’d like to suggest some books which should appeal to a lot of people, all of which are available on Kindle:
- Malory Towers
- Famous Five
- Georgette Heyer’s Regency and other romances, and crime stories
- The Hobbit and associated books
- Anything by Anne McCaffey, but especially her dragon books
- The Recluce and Imager series by L E Modesitt Junior
For more stretching but still entertaining reading, try:
- The Shardlake books by C J Samsom
Just for a jolly good read, try:
- Jilly Cooper
That should keep you going for a while!
Meanwhile, on BBC iPlayer, do try the new dramatisation of the first Malory Towers book, serialised in 25-minute chunks.
Stuff you may need
- And / or a Kindle or other e-reader