What’s the Idea?
Every Sunday at 8pm Dr. Sam will be hosting The Big Quiz for Cancer Research live on Facebook.
What’s the story?
Many of us have been affected by cancer.
Perhaps you have a loved one or a close friend that has been affected, or maybe you have been affected yourself.
Me and my family always look for ways to raise money for Cancer Research.
But of course it’s hard when we’re stuck at home.
Fortunately, there’s The Big Quiz for Cancer Research, streaming live on Facebook every Sunday evening at 8pm.
and if you can’t join the live event, you can still raise money by hosting a virtual ‘Big Quiz for Cancer Research’ from your own home at any time.
People should do this because…?
You can test your general knowledge while standing up to cancer.
It’s a good replacement for a local pub quiz whilst the pubs are shut.
And it’s a great way to connect with people.
If you run your own quiz, you can raise money for life-changing research from home whilst having a bit of fun.
(It’s actually very easy to do – read more below.)
How do you do it?
There are two main ways to take part in The Big Quiz for Cancer Research:
1. Join the live quiz on Facebook Sunday evening at 8pm
Here is how to play:
To join the live Big Quiz for Cancer Research on Facebook follow these steps:
- Get your team together (play alone or with your household
- Register your attendance now
- Then click here to tune in to the Facebook livestream at 8pm
- Answer and score the 5 rounds of quickfire questions
- Mark your own answers
- Use the comments box to tell Dr Sam your scores at the end
2. Host your own virtual fundraising quiz event.
The Big Quiz for Cancer give you plenty ideas to help you make the fundraising a success. To host your own Virtual Fundraising Quiz, you should:
- Set your date well in advance
- Set up your Just Giving page making sure you personalise it for your family and friends
- Create a Facebook group so you can keep people updated on how much you have raised as well as sharing your fundraising page
- To maximise your fundraising use variety of methods such as creating a blog, getting published in a local paper or even doing something silly like a sponsored karaoke.
- Each week Big Quiz for Cancer will post a set of 5 rounds of questions to use on 5 different categories
Information on how to do this can be found here: The Big Quiz For Cancer Research Fundraising Pack.
So if you have already taken part and would like to donate to Cancer Research you can click here: Donate to Cancer Research UK
And if you would like to return your quiz raising money you can click here: Pay In Your Money to Cancer Research UK
All if this information can also be found on their The Big Quiz for Cancer Research Website.
Cancer Research UK even provides a fundraising pack of information on how to successfully organise your own quiz evening including: 50 questions and answers on general knowledge, music, sport, entertainment and more.
Just make sure if you are organising that others don’t know about this part!
Stuff you may need
- Computer, laptop or tablet
- Access to Facebook
- Pen and paper
If you are hosting your own quiz you will need access to an online video platform such as WhatsApp Video or Zoom
(How to set up your own Zoom account can be found here.)
Links to other stuffer pages
Links to other articles on the web
Links to other videos on the web
The Big Quiz is back, live from your living room, this Sunday 26 April at 8pm! Join us for five more rounds of music, sport, entertainment and general knowledge questions. Head to the event page and click or tap ‘Going’ to get a reminder: https://bit.ly/2XPQSnj
Posted by Cancer Research UK on Wednesday, 22 April 2020