What’s the Idea?
Posties are working hard across the country to keep things running during this difficult time. Let’s give them a thumbs up!
What’s the story
A friend forwarded this to me on Facebook and I thought it was a great activity to get the kids involved in.
It is a nice way to show appreciation for all of the Postie’s out there on the front line working hard to deliver our post and delivering packages to the vulnerable.
We are also going to write a ‘thank you note’ to our bin men this week!
People should do this because…?
Its a way to say thank you to all of the Postie’s out there!
Royal Mail are asking the nation to show our appreciation and get involved by giving your local postie a big ‘thumbs up’ from a safe two metre distance or by sticking a picture on your door or window.
Postmen and Postwomen are at the heart of the communities they serve so stay connected with them and show your support with a friendly thumbs up – Royal Mail
How do you do it?
How to get involved:
- Get the kids to do a painting, collage or a drawing of two thumbs up,
- use stickers or
- simply download our templates and share your fun creations
Take a Photo
- Take a Selfie of you or yourself giving a thumbs up when you see your postman/postwomen.
- Use #ThumbsUpForYourPostie to post on your social media
Stuff you may need
- Computer, laptop, tablet, phone
- Colouring pens, paper